Rubber Stamp Fail

I bought a “Make Your Own Rubber Stamp” kit. First attempt was a big huge fail, but I kinda fudged a few parts.

For one, apparently Home Depot quilt selling glass because it broke too often. I bought some small pieces of plexi, which I had doubts about, but it was cheap enough, I figured I’d try it. Next, I couldn’t find the light I really needed to expose the polymer.

It says on various sites that you can use a UV light or a blacklight. The “blacklights” at Home Depot are probably more just purple colored lights. No UV lights either. I bought a “plant light” whatever that means thinking maybe it would have some UV in it.

The polymer is supposed to harden after 2 minutes for each side. After about 10 minutes (or more) it was still totally mush, but I was starting to see it hardening very very slightly near the images, so I still have hope.

Also, as I set it up to expose, I realized I totally screwed up the images and forgot to switch them to negatives instead of positives.

So if I am able to fix allllll of these problems, maybe I will get it to work next time. I’ll let you know how it goes.